High-Resolution Tunable Laser Source
The external cavity tunable laser source is a fast, high-resolution system offering broadband tunability. The cavity is based on a high-gain semiconductor chip with a band over 50nm thanks to its special design and a fast tunable element.
The fast tunability is based on an acousto-optic tunable filter (AOTF) offering an outstanding resolution below 0.2nm. The output wavelength is controlled by applying a radio-frequency (RF) power to the AOTF thanks to the DDS based signal generator.
- Central wavelength : λcentre = 840nm (other wavelengths on request)
- Wavelength range : Δλ = 810 - 870nm
- Resolution = <0.20nm
- Output = free-space (TEM₀₀) or PM fiber with FC/APC
- Output power = >3mW (over 60nm range)
- Tunability speed = >10 000nm/s
- Stability = better than 2% (rms)